Body Shop Technician
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Developing and implementing service standards and procedures for the service delivery department
- Setting up and maintaining the service desk
- Supervising other members of the service delivery team
- Maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times
- Updating service methods to improve overall efficiency
- Resolving any service problems and customer complaints
- Conducting periodic appraisals of team members and identifying areas for improvement
- Creating and presenting regular reports to senior management
- Instructing customers on equipment operation, care and maintenance
- Organizing vehicles for detail
- Scheduling vehicles all the way through from auction to ready for lot status.
- Helping to train employees and continuing education
- Using manual and computerized diagnostic methods to identify potential problems in a car
- Explaining mechanical problems and possible solutions to clients
- Planning work and testing procedures using charts, experience and other organizational methods
- Testing parts and systems to ensure they work correctly
- Ensuring all critical parts are checked and tested
- Performing basic automotive care, including changing oil and rotating tires
- Repairing or replacing worn, old or defective parts of a car
- Team player